Sadly, an American breaks, sits on, or loses a pair of sunglasses once every 14 minutes. These shades not only look cool and help block the sun’s rays while driving, but they can also be quite expensive, too. If you’re rocking Oakley sunglasses lenses and you’re not taking care of them, you’re essentially wasting money — so it’s time to start treating your shades with respect.
Here are some great tips for taking better care of your sunglasses:
- Keep them clean at all times — In order to ensure that your shades are looking nice with clear lenses, you need to make sure they are very clean. It’s best to rinse them with water before you clean them in order to remove all debris that accumulated on your lenses throughout the weeks and months since your last clean.
- Don’t wear your sunglasses on top of your head — Though it can be a cool look, it’s actually not good for shades to be placed on top of your head. When they are up there, the screws holding the shades will loosen and can eventually fall off. Also, this can stretch the nose pad and lead to other issues.
- Replace them when damaged — Accidents do happen. Thankfully, you can get some Oakley sunglasses replacement lenses if any damage occurs to the lenses. Obviously, you should do everything you can to protect your shades from being scratched, dented, or damaged; but it’s nice to know that replacing them is still an option.
- Keep them in a protective case when you’re not wearing them — Just because you’re not wearing your shades doesn’t mean they can’t be damaged or broken. Oakley sunglasses lenses should be kept inside the protective pouch whenever they are not on your face.
- Don’t place them face down — If you do need to remove your sunglasses off your head and your protective case or pouch isn’t nearby, make sure you aren’t placing them lens down. If you do that, all sorts of scratches and damages will start to occur on your shades.
If you want to learn more about taking care of your sunglasses, find quality Oakley sunglasses lenses, or learn more about the importance of replacing them after they have been damaged, give Galaxy Lense a call right away!